Tips, techniques, and training for CDM+ Payroll

How do I set up additional or fixed withholding for an employee?

Submitted by Dean Phelps on Thu, 01/03/2019 - 15:57

When completing Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate, an employee may request that an extra amount be withheld in addition to the calculated withholding. On the 2019 form , this is requested on line 6. In the case of clergy, whose compensation is not subject to federal withholding, this amount will represent a fixed amount to be withheld each pay period.

Both of these are set up using the Taxes/Deductions section of the Pay Items tab of the Employee Information record.