Below are instructions for existing CDM+ 10.0 users who need to move their CDM+ database from one computer to another. These instructions do not apply to moving your data to a CDM+ Data Hosting Server.
Note: The computer that has your CDM+ database on it is called your server, even if it is the only computer on which you have the CDM+ program installed. Note that if it is networked, it does NOT need to be a dedicated server.
To make the transfer you will need either a network shared drive, USB flash drive, or some other method to transfer your database backups from the old server computer to the new server computer.
FIRST — On Your Existing CDM+ Server Computer
- Open CDM+ and note the first 2 numbers of your current version displayed in the top right corner of the Login window. This number determines which version of CDM+ you should install on the new server computer. (If you wish to upgrade to a later version of CDM+ at this time, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-633-9581 or email@example.com to determine your eligibility.)
- Do NOT log into CDM+.
- Go to File -> Database Browser
- Click Local on the left.
- You will see a list showing all the databases on your current server. If any databases are inactive, they will have a yellow dot. Note which databases are inactive for further reference.
- Click the first database and then click Backup.
- You will see a prompt to authenticate as a CDM+ user. Select a user who has rights to backup this database, enter your password, and click OK.
- CDM+ will prompt you where to save the backup file. Choose a flash drive or network location that you can access from the new computer.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for each of the databases shown in the Database Browser window.
- Click Stop Server in the bottom left-hand corner of the window, and enter your operating system password if prompted.
- Once the database server is stopped, click Remove Server, again authenticating if prompted.
SECOND — On Your New CDM+ Server Computer
- Referring to the version number you noted in step 1 above, download the installer for your version of CDM+.
- Follow the Program Installation Guide found on the download page to install CDM+ on your new server computer.
- While running the Setup Assistant, choose the option to Restore a CDM+ backup.
- Select the backup of your main CDM+ database from the flash or network drive where you saved your backups in the section above (FIRST — On Your Existing CDM+ Server Computer).
- Complete the Setup Assistant steps and your CDM+ on your new server computer will be connected to the database you chose.
Restore Any Additional Databases
- If you have additional CDM+ database backups to restore, go to File -> Database Browser before logging into CDM+.
- Click the Restore button and select the next backup to restore.
- If any databases were marked inactive on the old server, be sure to select them in Database Browser and click Make Inactive after restoring them.
THIRD — On ALL Client Computers
If you have other computers with CDM+ installed on them, they are called client computers. You will need to update any and all client computers to use the IP address of the new server. See the CDM+ 10.0 Client Setup guide for more information about this process.