Important information before you begin...
Upgrading from CDM+ 8.2 to CDM+ 10.0 DOES NOT involve any lengthy conversion of your data, but it does require an update of the Suran Server. Therefore, you must download and install CDM+ 10.0 on all computers, beginning with your CDM+ database server (the computer with your CDM+ data on it). CDM+ 8.2 will not automatically update to CDM+ 10.0; it is NOT available through the Web Update feature in CDM+. Also, if you are running CDM+ 8.2 in Windows, you MUST uninstall CDM+ 8.2 BEFORE you run version 10.0 for the first time(see below).
For CDM+ 10.0 to run, you need to allow access on port 9566 and/or to the PostgreSQL (postgres) and CDM+ 10.0 (cdm+.exe) programs. This will need to be done for 3rd-party Windows firewalls (e.g. Norton or Symantec). The built-in Mac OS X firewall must also be configured when multiple clients are using CDM+. For the built-in Windows Firewall nothing needs to be done as CDM+ will configure the firewall appropriately.
System Requirements & Installation
Click for complete CDM+ 10.0 System Requirements
Windows users ONLY, please note:
Once you install CDM+ 10.0, you MUST uninstall CDM+ 8.2. Access your Start -> All Programs -> CDM+ menu and choose the option to remove CDM+ 8.2.
Download the CDM+ 10.0 installer on your CDM+ server:
1) Go to the CDM+ Downloads page.
2) Click on the appropriate link (Mac OS X or Windows)
3) Download the CDM+ 10.0 installer to your desktop.
4) When the installer finishes downloading, double-click the installer icon to begin.
5) Follow the on-screen instructions.
Update your CDM+ database server:
1) Launch CDM+ 10.0 on your database server by double-clicking the solid red CDM+ 10.0 icon.
2) CDM+ will display a message to update your database server.
3) Click the Update Server button and follow the prompts. Be patient; there may be times when the program appears unresponsive, but it is working.
4) Once your database server is updated, you will get a message to update your database. Click the Install Update button and follow the prompts.
5) When the update is complete, you will see the CDM+ 10.0 Login window. You may log in and begin using CDM+.
6) Download and install CDM+ 10.0 on any additional client computers using CDM+.
NOTE! You must download and install CDM+ 10.0 on ALL computers using CDM+ in order to connect to your data.
If you have any questions about installing CDM+ 10.0 or using the CDM+ Data Hosting Service, please contact CDM+ Technical Support at 800-633-9581 Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-6:00 PM Eastern time.